Last Wednesday (20th February) we held a community forum to help us develop our school vision. It was a fabulous evening with just over 50 participants. We had a range of people attending from teachers and students, to community and educational partners and parents and carers.
We asked three key questions:
1. What do you want for your child by the time they graduate from Year 6 at Debney Meadows Primary School?
2. What is the one thing that you love about the school and would not want to change?
3. If you could change one thing about the school, and only one thing, what would that be?
Our responses were wide-ranging and they will be published shortly on our website. Some of the main themes that came through were a sense of community, commitment and dedication from all stakeholders. People felt that the school was an important part of the local neighborhood.
At DMPS, we pride ourselves on the commitment we make and the dedication we have for the education of our students. This was echoed in the forum with a number of positive comments about the work that happens in the school. My favourite comment from the forum was: The school is shining and going up.
To further refine our work and create the school vision, we will be having a focus group. The group will aim to have representation from each of our stakeholders. If you are keen to be part of the team, please come and see me or let Christina know at the office.
We have many opportunities to be part of the school community including:
• Parent and Friends Association
• School Council
• Student Representative Council
• Volunteering and helping in the school
Thank you for the incredible interest in our school. I feel very proud to be principal of the school and look forward to another wonderful year.